From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: adding sys-apps/iproute2 to the @system set
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 19:20:17
1 On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Alex Xu <alex_y_xu@×××××.ca> wrote:
2 > On 05/09/14 01:34 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
3 >> All,
4 >>
5 >> there is a bug open requesting that we add sys-apps/iproute2 to the
6 >> system set [1]. Originally the request was to drop net-tools, but it has
7 >> become just adding iproute2.
8 >>
9 >> If no one objects, I would like to do this sometime in the next 72
10 >> hours by adding sys-apps/iproute2 to profiles/default/linux/packages.
11 >>
12 >> Thoughts?
13 >>
14 >> William
15 >>
16 >> [1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/189149
19 > no, because it's not necessary to bring up a working system. we don't
20 > have wpa_supplicant, and we shouldn't have net-tools now that openrc
21 > isn't in @system anymore.
24 Err... openrc is in profiles/base/packages. However, that really has
25 very little to do with this issue. I'm using systemd and still have
26 use for network config tools.
27
28 I would like to see iproute2 added to @system.