From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Gentoo/FreeBSD] enewuser and /bin/false shells
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 05:54:00
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2
3 >As Gentoo/FreeBSD is always improving, I'm thinking is just the case of
4 >telling everyone how to correctly use enewuser without bailing out
5 >Gentoo/FreeBSD :)
6 >
7 >enewuser is often used with /bin/false as shell to create an user who can't
8 >login. Unfortunately this doesn't work on Gentoo/FreeBSD (and AFAIK also
9 >Gentoo/OSX has its own problem).
10 >
11 >To avoid this, please pass -1 as option for shell to create a no-login
12 >account, which is then expanded to the right shell for the right system.
15 I've made the change for app-mobilephone, net-dialup and net-proxy
16 categories, but I believe no one will blame you if you make it yourself.