From: Christian Zoffoli <xmerlin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Partimage on the livecd
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 03:08:03
1 Alec Warner wrote:
2 [cut]
3 > One of the things I enjoy about Gentoo is how small the install disk is,
4 > that I can quickly nab 50 megs and burn it in about 5 minutes, compared
5 > to say FC3 and it's 5 CD's. Install disks for Installing, Recovery
6 > disks for Recovery :) There are a lot of CD's that are great for
7 > recovery ( albiet I will admit not many for alt arches ). No one is
8 > stopping you from rolling your own debian variation that runs on
9 > multiplatform. I'm all for more tools that make the install easier, but
10 > space is at a premium, especially with gentoo-installer and X on the
11 > liveCD ( when is that coming out *grin* ). --
12 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
13
14 but I'm talking about adding a couple of MB of tools, it's not
15 comparable to X + ....
16
17 Christian
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list