From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xorg-x11-6.8.0-r4 needs testers
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:45:23
1 On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 11:02 +0100, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Thursday 18 November 2004 18:08, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > OK, here's some more info on minimal, pulled straight from searching
4 > > the ebuild for occurrences of "minimal":
5 >
6 > What about a version that is even more minimal, only providing the client
7 > libs. That part needed to build X clients. It would be interesting for
8 > headless systems.
9
10 That doesn't fit my definition of minimal, which is a working, complete
11 X implementation.
12
13 That would be a second ebuild, xorg-x11-libs or something. I'm sort of
14 working on that stuff in my free time. Seemant started some work, and
15 FreeBSD has its stuff quasi-modularised.
16
17 Since I've been sending out requests for recruits, it should be clear
18 that I don't have a lot of free time to work on it, however. So don't
19 expect much progress until more people are working on X.
20
21 Thanks,
22 Donnie