From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Email Overload; Make summaries and bugs for test requests
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:23:11
1 Hi All,
2
3 Since our -dev mailing list is now receiving an enormous amount of
4 traffic each day, I'd like to suggest bringing/bring back up the summaries
5 idea previously mentioned a few months ago. Due to the fact that we all
6 have limited time to work on Gentoo, and we can't spend all of it reading
7 the 50+ emails on -dev every day (not to mention other list(s) we may be
8 on).. So please, if a thread ends up resulting in something devs need to
9 read(i.e. policy changes), please make a summary email.
10
11 Also, for sparc, if you want us to test something, it is *HIGHLY
12 SUGGESTED* that you make a bug for it and CC the sparc team on it
13 <sparc@g.o>. As I've mentioned in the above paragraph about email
14 overload, it's easy for your test request to get lost in the shuffle
15 (especially if it's at the top of the 50+ emails to read). This will
16 guarantee the best response from the team. If you want to do whatever
17 with your ebuild(s) in the test request by a certain date, please indicate
18 that in the bug.
19
20 Thanks,
21 --