From: "Tod M. Neidt" <tneidt@××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org" <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: ebuild for pychecker
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 21:08:15
1 Hi!
2
3 >I had one question though. In the 'Numeric' ebuild there's a line
4 >'PYTHON_VERSION=', what is that for?
5
6 Sorry. This is my bad. :( It does nothing. I forgot to comment it out.
7
8 The idea was to grab the current python version, so the ebuild would
9 know where to put any "extras" I wanted it to install that were not
10 automatically installed by setup.py. (this was in anticipation of a
11 working python2.1 so the module ebuild would not have to be updated if
12 the core python version was updated)
13
14 Now that I think about it more.
15
16 PYTHON_VERSION='python -c "import sys; print sys.version[:3]"'
17
18 will give the version of the current running python.
19
20 Then for example, the last line of the Numeric ebuild could have been
21
22 mv Demo/NumTut ${D}/usr/lib/python${PYTHON_VERSION}/site-packages/
23
24 However, the "best" solution would probably be to sed setup.py and/or
25 setup.cfg (although numeric-19.0 doesn't have this) to include any
26 additional files you would like to install.
27
28 tod
29
30 I'm a good kid, just a little slow.