From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: regular project updates
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:04:48
1 Hi all,
2
3 as the debate about the future direction of Gentoo continues it's
4 getting more and more obvious to me that there's a lack of information
5 skewing the debate. It seems that while most devs (and users) have a
6 good idea what's happening in "their" projects it's quite difficult to
7 see what is happening in other projects.
8
9 So - as GWN monkey - I'm offering my services as aggregator for project
10 updates. Maybe someone from the doc project wants to help to get this
11 information put on the website so that it's visible?
12
13 I suggest project updates every 6 months (which roughly is the same
14 timeframe as releases)
15 Maybe this helps people get a "global vision" of where Gentoo is and
16 where it's going.
17
18 Any feedback appreciated :-)
19
20 wkr,
21 Patrick
22 --
23 Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move