From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Multimedia overlay
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 22:28:12
1 Hi,
2
3 The qting-edge overlay (the official overlay for the Gentoo Qt team) is
4 a great success as a place to develop new ebuilds, packages, eclasses,
5 to prepare new releases, to maintain bleeding edge stuff like live
6 ebuilds and especially as a training ground for new recruits. I thought
7 it would be a good idea to do something similar for our multimedia
8 related projects, and Steve "beandog" Dibb agreed.
9
10 So hereby we announce the Gentoo Multimedia overlay. It is located at
11 http://gitorious.org/gentoo-multimedia and any developers who want to
12 join can let us know their gitorious account name, so they can be added.
13 Administration of the overlay will be shared among the participating
14 Gentoo devs, so new committers can quickly be added. Any users that want
15 commit status can get access after their work is found to be of
16 sufficient quality. We encourage this, as the overlay is also a training
17 ground for new contributors to Gentoo.
18
19 We would like to invite anyone interested in developing and maintaining
20 ebuilds related to multimedia in the wider sense: video, sound, tv,
21 graphics and fonts. If you have any live ebuilds or otherwise bleeding
22 edge packages, you can move them to the overlay for testing and shared
23 maintenance.
24
25 Enjoy!
26