From: Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:00:44
1 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o> wrote:
2 > For what it's worth, I deliberately wrote the GLEP that way. The
3 > truth of the matter is that the Council has only whatever power the
4 > devs permit, so adding additional restrictions seems like a really bad
5 > idea to me.
6
7 grant++
8 Seriously, if enough devs can agree that the council's wrong, the
9 council can say all they like, in the end it's the community that has to
10 implement changes. If there's uproar about councils decisions, i'm sure
11 we'd find a way to let them know in a way they can't ignore :)
12
13 In general, please give the guys some credit, please give the community
14 some credit. We're not powerless, we'll never be.
15 --
16 Regards, Matti Bickel
17 Homepage: http://www.rateu.de
18 Encrypted/Signed Email preferred