From: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IMPORTANT: Change to CVSROOT variable for cvs.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 22:48:45
1 Christian Gut said:
2 >
3 > On Tue, 01 Jun 2004, Kurt Lieber wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 09:20:01PM -0400 or thereabouts, Mike Frysinger
6 >> wrote:
7 >> > what about those who don't use CVSROOT in the environment because we
8 >> work with
9 >> > many cvs repos with many cvs based projects ?
10 >> > looking at the CVS/Root file in my gentoo-x86 checkout, it reads:
11 >> > vapier@××××××××××.org:/home/cvsroot/
12 >> > am i going to have to sed all of those files ?
13 >>
14 >> Truthfully, I don't know. Hopefully someone who's more of a cvs expert
15 >> can
16 >> answer that question. Marius ran a couple of grep statements earlier,
17 >> so I
18 >> can tell you what we're looking at:
19 >
20 > why not just simple like this:
21 >
22 > echo $MYNEWCVSROOT > /path/to/localcopy/**/CVS/Root
23 >
24 > or for zsh users:
25 >
26 > echo $MYNEWCVSROOT > /path/to/localcopy/**/CVS/Root
27 >
28 > not tested but i used to use that.
29
30 <quote>
31 What if you're in the middle of working on a CVS project, and need to
32 change the CVS server that you'd like to commit to? It's easy, if you pipe
33 the output of a find through an xargs running a perl -pi -e:
34
35 schuyler@ganesh:~/nocat$ find -name Root | xargs perl -pi -e
36 's/cvs.oldserver.com/cvs.newserver.org/g'
37 </quote>
38
39 I'm not sure if this is what you devs are looking of cuz ive never used
40 cvs, but i remembered this: http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/73 and was
41 wondering if that is what your lookin for
45 Joe Booker
48 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list