From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] earchdeps - script to list DEPS that need keywording on other arches
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:14:36
1 Hi,
2
3 http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/tools/earchdeps is a simple Bash script which
4 lists all the DEPs that need keywording in order to mark a package stable on
5 any specified arch.
6
7 usage: earchdeps CATEGORY/PN PVR ARCH
8 e.g. earchdeps dev-php/mod_php 5.0.1 sparc
9
10 The output is a list of atoms that need keywording.
11
12 >=app-text/fdftk-6.0-r1
13 >=dev-db/freetds-0.62.3
14 >=dev-db/qdbm-1.8.15
15 >=dev-libs/glib-2.4.5
16 >=dev-php/mod_php-5.0.1
17 >=dev-php/php-5.0.1
18 >=media-libs/alsa-lib-1.0.5-r3
19 >=media-libs/clibpdf-202_p1
20 >=media-libs/fontconfig-2.2.2
21 >=media-plugins/alsa-jack-1.0.5
22 >=media-sound/alsa-headers-1.0.5a
23 >=media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.98.1-r1
24 >=net-libs/libmonetra-4.1
25 >=net-nds/openldap-2.1.30-r1
26 >=sys-devel/binutils-2.14.90.0.8-r1
27 >=sys-kernel/development-sources-2.6.8.1
28 >=sys-libs/glibc-2.3.3.20040420-r1
29 >=x11-libs/qt-3.3.3
30
31 It tries very hard to cope with deep dependencies. If package foo-4.0 is the
32 prefered stable package on the arch that earchdep is running on, it'll
33 recommend that >=foo-4.0 is marked stable on the arch that is being tested.
34 It should correctly cope if foo-4.1 is already marked stable on that arch.
35 If the arch has foo-3.9 marked stable, that's considered to be not good
36 enough.
37
38 You can't use this to produce a list for another arch until you've marked all
39 the DEPS as stable on your own arch (or at least chucked the relevant entries
40 into /etc/portage/package.keywords).
41
42 It tries very hard to ensure that all the USE flags supported by the package
43 are switched on. It can't spot flags that switch functionality off; coping
44 with those is an exercise left for the reader.
45
46 I'd be very interested in feedback and patches. If others confirm that it's
47 output is reliable enough, I'll add an ebuild for it into app-portage.
48
49 Best regards,
50 Stu
51 --
52 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
53 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
54 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
55
56 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
57 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C