From: Jon Nelson <jnelson@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DNS-Server
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:21:30
1 On 19 Dec 2001 22:12:09 +0100
2 Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Hey,
5 >
6 > next problem. Somewhere i have read about replacements of the non secure
7 > bind. I ask myself why so many people use bind if it doesn't work good
8 > or make millions of problems. I like to try djbdns (in combination with
9 > q-mail). There seems not to be a init.d script. Mhh. Use anybody this
10 > app and could he write an init script? Have you a good page for the
11 > first steps with this software?
12
13 I would think that it would be appropriate to ask the legal
14 questions surrounding the distribution of much of djb's work.
15
16 You may also want to consider maradns, which isn't as
17 license-encumbered.