From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: init.d-scripts don't see stuff from /etc/profile.env
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:17:44
1 On Wednesday 31 August 2005 09:25, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2 > >
3 > > with the first run, we cache the 'scrubbed' env, and then just use
4 > > that in the future ?
5 >
6 > We both know when somebody finally notice that, they will bitch because
7 > the environment is not updated :) Damn, did I just point that out ? 8)
8
9 What about using this scrubbing to determine which variables to pass on to
10 the init script. The actual values could then come from the sources they
11 come from when started by init. This would mean
12 that /etc/conf.d/servicename changes would still be incorporated.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze
18 Gentoo Developer