From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: AW: [gentoo-dev] Thanks! Very Good Linux!
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:02:58
1 there is a entrey for the mouse type in /etc/rc.d/config. i have setup the
2 supervised script to read MOUSETYPE and MOUSEDEVICE from this file. i think
3 it is better to intergrate this in gentoo directly. I have send a month ago
4 the patched script and asked if someone with cvs access can upload it. But
5 no return-message. Sometimes good ideas die on this way. This is not really
6 good!!! Gentoo Team.
7
8 Sebastian
11 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
12 Von: gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org
13 [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org]Im Auftrag von jano
14 Gesendet: Freitag, 27. Juli 2001 18:22
15 An: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
16 Betreff: Re: [gentoo-dev] Thanks! Very Good Linux!
20 > Hello gentoo-dev,
21
22 > 3. gpm need /dev/mouse (default)
23 > but /dev - fs and all symbolic links dye after umount-mount
24 > (reboot system or else ...)
25
26 I can't find easy to read docs on devfs yet, so rather than fix it
27 directly, I've simply told gpm to use the real mouse device in this file:
28 /etc/rc.d/config/basic
29
30 add to the mouse line the options:
31 "-m /dev/MOUSEDEV"
32 where "MOUSEDEV" is the actual dev for your system. I have a ps/2 mouse,
33 so my line looks like: /dev/psaux
34 I do the same inside the XF86Config file.
35
36 jano
41 gentoo-dev mailing list
42 gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org