From: Agostino Sarubbo <ago@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: qa@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Create an index for all qa notices
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 18:42:48
1 Hello all,
2
3 I noticed that we have many people that, after received a bug report, ask for what the
4 reported 'qa notice' means.
5
6 Sometimes there is a tracker and people can take an hint from the resolved bugs but
7 when there aren't a lot of info I feel they are a bit lost.
8
9 Today, by pure chance, I stumbled upon the "Rust Compiler Error Index" and I thought:
10 why we don't do the same thing with our qa notices?
11
12 I think that devmanual could be the right place and each QA notice should have an
13 'identification code'.
14 In that way we can link the error in the qa notice like:
15
16 https://devmanual.gentoo.org/appendices/qa-notices/qa0001[1]
17 https://devmanual.gentoo.org/appendices/qa-notices/qa0002[2]
18