From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upcoming Infra maintenance/downtimes: anon{cvs,svn,git}, archives, bouncer, overlays
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:28:02
1 On 19-01-2008 15:50:09 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > i'm not suggesting you *not* provide the proper svn:// and git:// ones. i'd
3 > always use those myself when possible (as performance is a ton better as ive
4 > seen many times). i'm suggesting we provide both and tell people to use
5 > svn:// and git://, but if you're behind a stupid firewall, there is also
6 > http:// available.
7
8 I know of at least two cases where people have to go through a
9 (corporate) firewall, so I fully second this suggestion.
13 Fabian Groffen
14 Gentoo on a different level
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list