From: Lisa Seelye <lisa@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Funding from Gentoo UK 2006 event
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:07:59
1 On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 16:32 +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > I was going to send this to the trustees, but I realised that they might
3 > be changing around soon, so I'll send it here instead:
6 > Dear future trustees,
7 >
8 > As you might be aware, we recently held a users-and-developers meeting
9 > in London:
10 >
11 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/gentoo-uk-2006/
12 >
13 > This was actually our 3rd annual Gentoo UK event.
14 >
15 > The Gentoo Foundation were the biggest source of funds which allowed for
16 > this year's event to take place, for which we are very grateful.
17 >
18 > It turns out that the event attracted over twice as many people than we
19 > initially expected (even at short notice), some people even travelled
20 > from other parts of Europe.
21 >
22 > As well as some sessions run by Gentoo developers, we had two
23 > professionals who gave very interesting and entertaining talks:
24 > Hanni Ali of www.ainkaboot.co.uk (Gentoo-based clustering company)
25 > Andrew Cowie of www.operationaldynamics.com (enterprise risk management,
26 > involving Gentoo)
27 >
28 > All this made for a really successful event, everyone seemed to enjoy it
29 > immensely.
30 >
31 > In order to cover costs, we charged a small entrance fee, but many
32 > people who attended were very generous. This meant that we were able to
33 > donate over half of the funding back to the foundation (£88.23).
34 >
35 > I just wanted to make sure that you are now fully aware that we have
36 > sufficient capacity to organise relatively large UK events, and I hope
37 > that this and the fact we were able to return a lot of the money will be
38 > considered when we apply for funding for future events. :)
39 >
40 > Thanks!
41 > Daniel
42
43 Is there any news on a 2007 event? This time, really, I promise I'll be
44 in the country to attend!
48 Regards,
49 Lisa Seelye
50 GPG: 09CF5 2D6B8 2B72B 997A7 601BC B46B5 561E4 96FC5
51 http://www.thedoh.com/~lisa/site