From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Rebooting the Installer Project
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 08:07:17
1 On 18/07/15 21:01, Matthew Marchese wrote:
2 > I'd like to hear it all so please speak your mind. Looking forward to
3 > hearing from you.
4
5 The plan is good, having multiple backends is a boon since then you can
6 have large install images and tiny install images.
7
8 An installer is basically covering partitioning, networking, audio/video
9 configuration.
10
11 If you can start with the simplest use-case and increase complexity
12 gradually you will succeed.
13
14 It is an exercise of patience and I praise you for giving it a try.