From: Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage http interface
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 15:23:22
1 On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 01:39, Johannes Findeisen wrote:
2 > On Saturday 16 November 2002 15:10, Troy Dack wrote:
3 > > Thanks to all those that have replied.
4 > >
5 > > I've fixed the bug where it would not detect the installed packages
6 > > correctly.
7 > >
8 > > Updated versions of the script can be found at:
9 > > http://linux.tkdack.com/downloads/gentoo/portageserver
10 > >
11 > > For instructions and the like:
12 > > http://linux.tkdack.com/node.php?title=Portage%20HTTP%20Front%20End
13 >
14 > hello troy,
15 >
16 > this is a very good tool for browsing the portage tree on systems where no x
17 > is installed. if this tool will get some more features it could be usefull
18 > like the cups server config tool. it looks like, that you have made it only
19 > for seeing what other say.... are you interested in developing it in the
20 > future?
21 >
22 > i hope you are because my servers are all installed without any window system.
23 > good idea! i love it!
24
25 I guess that the ultimate aim is to be able to emerge, unmerge, rsync
26 etc from the browser interface. Currently I'm learning python and
27 trying to work out how the portage python module works.
28
29 As I learn more about the various pieces of the puzzle (python, portage,
30 emerge, authentication) I'll be adding extra capability. Until then i'm
31 going to play safe and stick with read only. I really don't want to kill
32 my system, let alone be responsible for killing some one elses.
35 Troy Dack
36 http://linux.tkdack.com
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list