From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Let's populate IUSE_IMPLICIT in the base profile
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 08:25:54
1 On Thursday 27 September 2012 12:02:58 Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
2 > build is specifically for catalyst and/or for building the stages,
3 > right? If so, this one makes sense to me to add.
4
5 this is used in a few packages, but we should encourage trimming it rather
6 than expanding. i see that the kernel & gcc account for the most usage.
7
8 > bootstrap I would guess is similar? Unsure how that one is used at
9 > present. If IUSE_IMPLICIT would still allow the boostrapping tool to
10 > set the use flag, i see no issues having it in the list.
11
12 bootstrap is used by two packages (gcc and freebsd-lib). in the gcc case, we
13 should kill it. so this is not a flag we should be encouraging at all.
14
15 file https://bugs.gentoo.org/440224 for killing both in gcc
16 -mike