From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in profiles: use.local.desc
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 08:38:16
1 On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 01/01/2010 12:07 AM, Robin H. Johnson (robbat2) wrote:
3 >> +app-accessibility/flite:alsa - use alsa for audio output.
4 >> +app-accessibility/flite:oss - Use Open Sound System for audio output.
5 >
6 > Why? USE alsa and oss are global flags.
10 Real question is why not? local USE flags provide more details than
11 the very generic global description and as such are considered a good
12 thing. That is one of the purposes I had in mind originally when I
13 wrote GLEP 56 [1].
14
15 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0056.html
16 --