From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Closing bugs
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 02:47:43
1 On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 20:59:25 +1200
2 Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o> wrote:
5 > There should be nothing stopping a user from running a mixed arch/~arch
6 > system. Those problems just point to our dependency information not being
7 > recorded correctly. It might be understandable that this info can be
8 > incredibly hard to get correct but that doesn't mean it isn't a valid bug.
9
10 It's invalid as soon as you bring system-set packages into the mix, which
11 falls outside of dependency correctness.
12
13 The trouble is knowing if this applies in the situation you're looking into.
17 fonts, gcc-porting, we hold our breath, we spin around the world
18 toolchain, wxwidgets you and me cling to the outside of the earth
19 @ gentoo.org EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662