From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] util-linux build time increase?
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 08:58:57
1 Hi!
2
3 On Thu, 21 Feb 2019, Georgy Yakovlev wrote:
4 > On Thursday, February 21, 2019 1:36:24 AM PST Joshua Kinard wrote:
5 > > Does anyone have an idea why util-linux's build time would go up
6 > > significantly from 2.32.x to 2.33.x? It may be a MIPS thing, as my x86_64
7 > > box shows no discernible change in build times between the same versions.
8 > > Can any other archs check w/ genlop to see if they see a large jump in build
9 > > time?
12 > This may be related to this bug:
13 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/447970
14 >
15 > I have packages ( cpio and tar for example) that take hours to emerge on arm
16 > boards with FEATURES=sandbox, and couple of minutes without.
17 > ./configure getcwd test takes unreasonably long time under sandbox.
18 >
19 > don't have util-linux statistics to show.
20
21 See https://bugs.gentoo.org/447970#c18 for an ugly, ugly hack to
22 prevent the wait time.
23