From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting the general dev opinion ("Meinungsbild") on some feature
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 03:58:29
1 On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
2 > Alec Warner wrote:
3 > [..removed 25 lines of quoted text which I had already read..]
4 >> The primary complaint was the fact that there is too much email.
5 >
6 > Many emails are not neccessarily a problem if only they have high
7 > signal-to-noise ratio.
8 >
9 > I have *never* seen so competent people output so incompetent email
10 > as on gentoo-dev. It is seriously the worst bunch of lazy-ass email
11 > authors that I have ever seen. Sad face.
12
13 Well if you compare to say ubuntu-devel (which I recently joined) you
14 will find far fewer conversations there. I think part of that reason
15 is just that they have a more direct management structure. Leads have
16 the ability to make decisions without consulting *everyone*. We seemed
17 to have ditched the idea of leads long ago; except for a few remaining
18 projects.
19
20 -A
23 > That is of course only *my* opinion.
26 > //Peter
27 >