From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Automatic Bug Assignment
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 17:41:20
1 On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Alex Brandt <alunduil@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Hey Guys,
4 >
5 > I've oft wondered why we don't automatically assign bugs to the
6 > ebuild maintainer (if a CPV is in the subject). Would there be an
7 > issue with adding a bug modification hook to bugzilla or a daily
8 > job to re-assign bugs to ebuild owners (if a CPV is in the
9 > subject)?
12 There was previously a fair amount of bikeshedding, both in how to parse
13 the CPV, and who to assign the bug to.
14
15 Its not always the maintainer, sometimes the maintainer is a project and
16 not an individual; prior to de-herdification there was not always a clear
17 mapping from herd => bugzie account for assignment, etc..
18
19 I find that often in schemes like this people get caught up designing the
20 optimal / perfect solution (which is often tricky) as opposed to using a
21 nice solution that works 95% of the time; but 5% of the time is wrong.
22
23 -A
27 > Just curious not trying to incite anything.
28 >
29 > Regards,
30 >
31 > --
32 > Alex Brandt
33 > Software Developer for Rackspace and Developer for Gentoo
34 > http://blog.alunduil.com