From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: FHS compliant KDE install and multi-version support
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 07:42:09
1 Hi,
2
3 "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>:
4 > We would have the option of using a kde prefix in order to slot it
5 > with KDE 4, other distros have worked hard to actually slot KDE 3 and
6 > 4 installed in /usr/ this time around. Ideally we would work with
7 > them to achieve a similar outcome. We would certainly still have
8 > options if and when this happens, i.e. using an alternate prefix so
9 > that they can be slotted or truly slotting the two in /usr.
10
11 Be FHS compliant if upstream intends so (I read that from your blog)
12 and make major versions slottable as you intend. I say, go for it.
13
14 V-Li
17 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
18 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
19
20 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>