From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Vanilla sources
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2020 13:08:56
1 On 2020.01.04 12:54, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 6:42 AM Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4
5 [snip]
6 >
7 > Apparently git and tar are too complicated for Gentoo users, but
8 > managing symlinks, using make, managing a bootloader, dealing with the
9 > kernel's configuration system, and so on are just fine?
10
11 emerge -1 vanilla-sources
12 eselect kernel ...
13 genkernel all
14 ...
15
16 Yep, lots of users have trouble managing their boot loader. They come to
17 the forums and IRC every day not running the kernel they think they are.
18 That's not related to any particular kernel sources though.
19
20 [snip]
23 > On a further aside, I just noticed how up-to-date gentoo-sources are.
24 > Kudos to whoever is doing that these days - for a while it was tending
25 > to slip a bit but it seems like we're basically current.
26
27 +1
30 > --
31 > Rich