From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tests
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 17:40:59
1 On Tue, 1 May 2007 19:18:28 +0200
2 Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o> wrote:
3 > I'd say, let the user decide based on the properties
4
5 Too complicated. Bombarding the user with pointless alternatives is not
6 the same as giving the user choice.
7
8 I'm also highly sceptical that the properties you listed are boolean.
9 Resource hungry on an IP22 could be a walk in the park for an X16...
10
11 > fex:
12
13 Please don't abuse the English language in that manner.
14
15 > I'm sorry if this counts as a solution, but I wasn't sure the list you
16 > gave was the kind of list we need and I didn't know another way of
17 > explaining the use of the properties I listed.
18
19 Well, every solution offered so far is at least moderately icky... I
20 believe the idea is to look at the problem in more detail before going
21 off in what's probably the wrong direction again.
24 Ciaran McCreesh