From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] PORTAGE_GPG_KEY strictness
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 02:24:05
1 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > PKI becomes a nightmare if anybody but devs sign, and when we move to
3 > git it won't really be possible to have anybody else sign anyway
4 > unless we allow merge commits, which is just a whole different mess.
5
6 I'm not sure? Signatures can be made on anything by anyone and stored
7 as-is - the question is if and why they will be trusted for anything
8 and while interesting I think that's a separate topic?
9
10 I mean: Don't confuse commit signatures with repository access control.
13 //Peter