From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] x32 fun pants
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:10:45
Mike Frysinger schrieb:
> On Friday, September 16, 2011 04:28:24 Stratos Psomadakis wrote: >> Is a x86/amd64/x32 multilib profile just going to provide toolchain >> support for x32 binaries (like x86 in a x86/amd64 multilib profile), or >> do we want a 'full' x32 profile, where every package is built by default >> as x32 code? > > this is an issue for the multilib-portage project > -mike
How is this an issue for multilib-portage? It only requires a toolchain able to build for the target and the details in environment (like possible targets and needed additional flags for each target). Thinking about the issues when starting with a new target, it might be a good idea to have the basic system (stage3) for the multilib profile to contain files for all targets, but only enable the default ABI. So when a user wants some other targets, he already has a base system, else he can just reinstall the base system and drop the unused files with this step.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] x32 fun pants Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>