From: mike <vapier@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Complete list of USE vasiables...
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 17:43:47
1 the documentation on the website is out of date ... there is a couple
2 of open bugs to address the issue. as for a complete list, the *most*
3 complete list is /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc ... but there may be
4 1 or 2 USE variables out there that are not listed.
5
6 those video card use variables exist because some packages add
7 additional support if you have those. i havent seen any packages
8 yet that add additional functionality if you have an nvidia card, so
9 until a package is added that does, there wont be a nvidia use
10 option.
11 -mike
12
13 ----- Original Message -----
14 From: "J. Hunter" <James@××××××××.net>
15 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
16 Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2002 18:16
17 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Complete list of USE vasiables...
20 > Hi there. I read the documentation on using the USE variables, however
21 > it was written at the time of v1.1 and I was wondering if it is still
22 > 100% accurate with v1.2. Have there been any additions to the list? Just
23 > curious...
24 >
25 > I was also wondering if, since there are matrox, voodoo3 and 3dfx
26 > variables, will there be an nvidia variable? Or is nvidia enough of a
27 > standard that it's not necessary?
28 >
29 > Thanks.
30 >