From: Andreas Proschofsky <suka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] app-office/openoffice-ximian-bin up for removal
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:36:53
1 Hi,
2
3 If nobody objects (with good reasoning), I'm going to remove
4 app-office/openoffice-ximian-bin from the tree soonish. I've added it
5 back then, when there where some big differences between "vanilla" OOo
6 and the Ximianized version. Most of this stuff has gone upstream now, so
7 there is no more need to keep it around, especially as it uses a binary
8 from another distribution, which I confess always was a bad hack. Also
9 it hasn't been updated recently (for the same reasons). Everyone wanting
10 to use a binary for OOo should use openoffice-bin instead.
11
12 bye
13 Andreas
14 --