From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Google Summer of Code 2007
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:59:32
1 Alexander Færøy wrote: [Fri Feb 16 2007, 04:49:24AM CST]
2 > Christel and I were discussing it on IRC today, and she would take care
3 > of the paperwork. We are going to have a short meeting in user relations
4 > tomorrow evening where it is on the agenda too :)
5
6 Thanks.
7
8 I'd also like to get input from the dev community beforehand. Last year
9 we were rushed, and decided to go ahead without really having a
10 discussion about it first. It would be nice if we could be a bit more
11 deliberate this time around.
12
13 So, is there support among devs for hosting another round of Summer
14 students? Are there good problems for those students to work on, and,
15 if so, what are they? Were people happy with how last year's program
16 went, or should we try to do something different? For what it's worth,
17 I think GSOC is worth putting our effort into, but I'd also like to see
18 projects that at least have the potential to benefit more of the
19 community than just Gentoo. *Shrug*
20
21 Assuming we decide to be a mentoring organization again, I'm willing to
22 help with the paperwork and administrative stuff.
23
24 -g2boojum-
25 --
26 Grant Goodyear
27 Gentoo Developer
28 g2boojum@g.o
29 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
30 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76