From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Developer <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GentooMove?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:41:35
1 On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 11:10:30AM -0500, lists@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > I have a question about Gentoo and something I saw and liked in Mandrakes
3 > deployment (pardon the name dropping). Mandrake comes with a MandrakeMove
4 > CD that allows you to have a bootable CD & USB (Pen) key that you can take
5 > your system and reinstall the OS with your personal settings to another
6 > machine as long as your host is compatable.
7 > Is there any kind ot facility or project in place for Gentoo to have a
8 > similar capability. This would be a nice asset for business deployements.
9
10 I don't know what MandrakeMove really does, but when I want a similar setup
11 on a different system, I use a similar
12 - /etc/make.conf
13 - /etc/portage/*
14 - /var/cache/edb/world
15