From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Heads up to the arch's - perl module testing bugs on their way (internal QA)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:50:56
1 I can't guarantee how fast this will happen, maybe only a few at a time,
2 but I wanted to give the arch's a heads up that I will be filing "bugs"
3 for having perl-modules tested and unmasked in response to bug 84744. To
4 sum it up real quick like for the lazy/browser-shy - we have ebuilds in
5 dev-perl for perl modules that are also distributed as a part of the
6 core perl install. The issue is that some of these ebuilds were last
7 marked as stable for versions that are older than what is provided by
8 the stable perl ebuild. To avoid this QA nightmare before it becomes
9 one, I'm going through the tree, making sure all of the ebuilds we
10 provide that replace core perl modules are up to date, then in my local
11 repository marking which ones will need to be re-DEP'd to <perl-version.
12
13 That's where you come in my exotic architecture friends (exotic being
14 defined as anything I can't afford to own or house :) ) and the slow,
15 steady stream of bugs I'm going to be filing. On the up side, if you
16 have perl installed, in most cases you already have the version of the
17 module installed too :)
18
19 Thanks for your patience and understanding,
20
21 Mike