From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Prefix bootstrap script maintainability (Was: No more stable keywords for Games)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 08:35:52
1 On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 22:47:35 -0600
2 R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Understanding an existing codebase should not be a technical
5 > challenge. I had to resort to reimplementing all of the steps myself,
6 > in part to understand if they were done properly in the first place.
7
8 Looks like you are an expert in this area now and are perfectly capable
9 of submitting the patches. I can review them at least for crossdev.
10
11 > Unfortunately these are things that the original authors should
12 > produce. Experience has shown me that documentation written by
13 > ancillary contributors that do not have deep experience with the code
14 > base is poor.
15
16 If you have invested some time to understand the code you and understood
17 at least something you should be perfectly capable of submitting a patch
18 to document a thing or two that took you time to grasp.
19
20 Nobody knows what is hard for you to understand except yourself.
24 Sergei