From: Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] netfilter's owner & --id-owner problem
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:54:45
1 Hi folks,
2 I'm a newbie with iptables. I've reading a few docs, and also netfilter's
3 mailing list archives.
4
5 I need to block certain user(s) access to the net, so that he/she thinks
6 the internet is down.
7 I can do this globally without problem, yet with the 'owner' module it
8 should be pretty easy to achieve what I want since the user will be
9 using the same machine the iptables rule will be running on (a single
10 desktop PC). Later on I probably add the time patch, but at the moment
11 I only need to block completely the access.
12
13 What I was trying to use is:
14
15 iptables -A OUTPUT -m owner --uid-owner 1002 -p tcp -j DROP
16
17 from what I get
18
19 iptables: Invalid argument
20
21 If I run it with verbose output, I get:
22
23 DROP tcp opt -- in * out * 0.0.0.0/0 -> 0.0.0.0/0 OWNER UID match 1002
24 iptables: Invalid argument
25
26 What makes me think that it really understood what I told it, though for
27 some reason it failed.
28 The modules have been loaded correctly, ATM I have 'ipt_REJECT, ipt_owner,
29 iptable_filter, ip_tables' in memory.
30
31 It's probably something silly, but I cannot find how to make it work.
32 Any hints on wthat's going on here?
36 Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>