From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: multiple inheritance support for profiles
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:29:34
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Alec Warner wrote:
3 >
4 >>I think both our points are that there is a middle ground between
5 >>screwing the user outright and holding their hand. If you want to
6 >>trumpet the change on forums, on www, on -announce, get the message out
7 >>there; then I'd be more for a change like that. The problem is last
8 >>time it was dead silent; oh it's in the upgrade guide, great; we already
9 >>know that not everyone reads it. At that point you are just leaving the
10 >> pit for them to walk into. IMHO, thats irresponsible of Gentoo as a
11 >>whole.
14 > Yet another reason to finish up GLEP 42..
17 Actually I was thinking of implementing glep 42 as a mini-project for
18 treecleaners, but I need to finish SoC first.
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list