From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keywordreqs and slacking arch teams
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 09:35:19
1 On 28-12-2019 22:27:02 +1300, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 08:09:33 +0100
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > How can we improve this?
6 >
7 > Every time this kind of issue comes up, I can't help feeling we need
8 > some sort of tool more advanced than what we currently have.
9 >
10 > Something that maintains persistence of keyword demands similar to how
11 > the current bot does, but more ...
12 >
13 > Its the sort of thing I get tempted to implement myself, but get too
14 > horrified about the prospect of working with portage internals to do it.
15
16 Hmmm, interested to hear what kind of things you're thinking about here.
17
18 I feel it would help if we would have the ability to at least
19 compile/test ebuilds automatically. Not sure how helpful qemu could be
20 there, but I know things like compiling for things like arm (RPi) works
21 reasonably well.
22
23 Thanks,
24 Fabian