From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Regarding Gentoo CDs and accessibility sizes
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 01:53:18
1 On 05/25/2009 07:44 PM, Keith Hinton wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I'm afraidd I'm not seeing the size issues. Adding Speech to a
4 > LiveCD should not effect the operations of the minimal installation
5 > CDs that much.
6 > However, one thing I would suggest is to please be aware of two things:
7 > 1.
8 > Make sure that some boot prompt exists for users to activate the
9 > LiveCD speech output.
10 > I.e.
11 > Gentoo speech
12 > That kind of thing.
13 > 2.
14 > Lynx and other browsers with Speakup usually need some configuration,
15 > along with Irssi.
16 > You can't just open Irssi right off the shelf and expect speech-access to it.
17
18 Why do you keep creating new threads just to interject your random opinion about
19 some other existing thread? Have you ever participated in a mailing list? This
20 isn't IM/IRC.
23 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
24 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead