From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Checking availability of a package from an ebuild
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:57:41
1 On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 10:30:42AM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > This may be trivial, but I can't find out how to do it. How can I check from
5 > within an ebuild whether or not a package is installed? For example whether
6 > virtual/x11 is available. (Even if it's not in USE).
7
8 We don't have this functionality, and there's a reason for that -- a package's
9 capabilities should be determined by USE variables, not what packages currently
10 happen to be installed. Without this, we cannot generate consistent .tbz2
11 images. Is there some reason why USE functionality won't work?
12
13 Best Regards,
16 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
17 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org