From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout redefines /etc/fstab
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:25:30
1 On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:08:19 +0000 (GMT)
2 Phil Richards <news@××××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > Of course, what you *really* want is to do a 3-way merge involving
6 > the "new install" config file, the "previous install" config file, and
7 > the actual config file that the user has determined they want.
8
9 That's i think what dispatch-conf does. I don't use etc-update (and
10 don't know what it does exactly now, last time i tried was probably
11 about one year ago). I completly forgot to mention this, but now that
12 you talk about it, i realize that's important, and may explain part of
13 my point of view in favor to distribution of files such as fstab. Maybe
14 it is more annoying or error-prone with etc-update, i don't know.
17 TGL.
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list