From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] My answers to the questions for the council candidates
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:37:31
1 Christina Fullam kirjoitti:
2 > Just a reminder about nominations and voting...
3 > If anyone is still interested in running, you have one week left for
4 > nominations.
5 > Most who have accepted havent told us why we should vote for them. While
6 > that information is not required perhaps it should be if we are to make
7 > intelligent votes - sorry this isnt a popularity contest so give us some
8 > content to review.
9
10 Dunno. Seems like a popularity contest to me :) Of course answering the
11 questions well can increase your popularity.
14 > 1) What you will do
17 Provide my knowledge and hopefully get things done. As for the goal side
18 I will push for getting EAPI-0 and EAPI-1 finished and accepted.
19
20 > 2) Why you will do it
21
22 To loose the right to blame others.
23
24 > 3) How you will do it
25
26 With sticks and carrots.
27
28 > 4) What is the timescale for doing it
29
30 Of course it would be great to provide some far reaching visions at this
31 point but I think it would be better to focus on the bunch of important
32 things on the table that need doing and after getting that stuff done
33 start to think about the next things to do.
34
35 > 5) What experience do you have with this or a similar role
36
37 At least some people should remember what I did during 2006.
38
39 > 6) Why do you think you are qualified
40
41 At least I am the Java and Recruiters lead.
42
43 > 7) How you plan to balance a council role with your current Gentoo role
44
45 I will make Calchan and Java monkeys do all the work for me :)
46
47 > 8) How much time can you dedicate to the council role
48
49 A couple hours weekly should not be much of a problem.
50
51 But really if you need any further info just ping me on IRC or of course
52 you can ask here too. My irssi never sleeps.
53
54 Regards,
55 Petteri