From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: New "Accept Github contributions" metadata flag
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 18:53:32
1 >>>>> On Tue, 18 Aug 2020, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 2020-08-18 at 15:36 +0000, Peter Stuge wrote:
4 >> I think this is a very good feature.
5 >>
6 >> If I ever do become a proper Gentoo developer I will certainly not
7 >> spend any time on anything to do with GitHub, and in my current
8 >> position of occasional contributor I don't either. The workflow
9 >> imposed by GitHub isn't good and it's important to demonstrate other
10 >> methods.
11
12 > Read: it's important to slap users to satisfy developer's wannabes.
13
14 Of course anyone can use nonfree software or platforms (like Github)
15 to do their work, but we cannot force them to do so, neither users nor
16 developers.
17
18 So, if a developer rejects Github for moral or philosophical reasons
19 then we must accept the fact.
20
21 Ulrich