From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unified nVidia Driver Ebuild ready for testing
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 19:47:25
1 Since nobody else has asked, I will. What is the point? What problem
2 are you trying to solve with this ebuild? As far as I can tell, there
3 is no point, other than trying to sound like you are doing something
4 important.
5
6 I can tell you that I would be disappointed if this replaces the current
7 ebuilds, because I really don't need to reinstall nvidia-settings and
8 nvidia-glx every time I build a new kernel.
11 > We hope you will find this approach a more streamlined and
12 > easy implementation for nVidia.
13
14 I don't particularly see how it is easier.
17 > Thanks for your participation and feedback.
18 >
19 > Peter Hyman on behalf of the nVidia devs.
20
21 The nVidia devs? Is upstream pushing this? Why? What is the point?
22
23 -Steve
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list