From: Lars Strojny <lars@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] package.env or package.cflags
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 23:15:54
1 Hi all,
2 today I`m setting up a Server in Gentoo and I want to do a lot
3 of security stuff there. Within that, I`ve want to compile "su"
4 as a static binary. But there isn`t an option which automatically
5 handles such stuff in portage. So I want to know if it is possible
6 to add something like an portage.env, where users can adjust the
7 env-vars for each package. Maybe it could be in a format like this
8
9 =sys-apps/shadow CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -static";FOO="bar"
10
11 Nice Greetings
12 Lars Strojny
15 "Fascism is itself less 'ideological', in so far as it openly proclaims
16 the principle of domination that is elsewhere concealed"
17 - Theodor W. Adorno -
18
19 name: Lars Strojny web: http://strojny.net
20 street: Yorckstrasse 22 jabber: sinistra@××××××××.de
21 city: D-71636 Ludwigsburg mail: lars@×××××××.net
22 f-print: 6663 1055 543E 3106 3FD3 4F40 AC74 CD1F C327 14BD
23 weblog: http://sinistra.is-a-geek.net/l_blog