From: "Michal Prívozník" <mprivozn@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: autotools
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 18:03:40
1 On 26. 3. 2020 18:47, Samuel Bernardo wrote:
2 > Dear all,
3 >
4 > I send this email to ask you for your help for the better approach to
5 > translate the following autoreconf command to an ebuild:
6 >
7 >> |autoreconf -i -f ./configure \ --prefix=/usr \
8 >> --libexecdir=/usr/lib/snapd \
9 >> --with-snap-mount-dir=/var/lib/snapd/snap \ --enable-apparmor \
10 >> --enable-nvidia-biarch \ --enable-merged-usr|
11 > I realise that eautoreconf from autotools.eclass doesn't accept any
12 > parameters, so how would you advise me to reproduce it inside an ebuild
13 > using the available functions and eclasses?
14 >
15 > My goal is to create an ebuild from latest snapd pkgbuild:
16 >
17 > https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=snapd
18 >
19 > Thank you,
20 >
21 > Samuel
24 I guess you are not really after autoreconf arguments rather than
25 ./configure ones. You want to focus on src_configure() in the ebuild. I
26 suggest starting here:
29 https://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/functions/src_configure/configuring/index.html
30
31 and there are plenty of examples existing in the portage. You will need
32 to define USE flags for your ebuild though so that users can
33 enable/disable parts of functionality.
34
35 Happy hacking!
36
37 Michal