From: Chandler Carruth <chandlerc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for media-video/dvdrip
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 23:02:10
1 I am not a gentoo developer, but a user, but I have submitted several
2 fixes for dvdrip in the past, and plan on continuing to use it, and get
3 it running and working in gentoo. I would be happy to maintain it, or
4 simply try to more responsively post fixes in the future to Bugzilla if
5 it would keep this package alive in portage. I think it is a very good
6 dvd ripping utility, and it _does_ work w/ transcode-1, the dvdrip
7 upstream developer simply still bases his work off of 0.6.x. He is
8 currently considering moving to transcode-1, so I doubt this package
9 will need to continue to be dependant on the difficult to manage
10 transcode version.
11
12 As a user currently, what steps could I take to help this package stay
13 alive? I will take them as the alternative is to put an unofficial
14 ebuild up on a webpage.
15
16 -Chandler Carruth
17