From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Difference of global/local useflags
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:13:14
1 * Markus Nigbur <pyrania@g.o> [04/05/20 21:12 +0200]:
2 > It's obvious when a useflag should be local (jsut for one package) or
3 > global (some pkgs use it), but what do we gain by this split?
4
5 Not to mention the bunch use flags which where local
6 originally but could be used now by more than one ebuild.
7
8 There are furthermore some use-flags which seem to be
9 similar to me and should be combined to one.
10
11 We have currently about 600 use-flags! Not to mention those
12 which are not listed in use.desc or use.local.desc. Time
13 for tidy up a bit.
14
15 Regards, Lars