From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New category for LeechCraft
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 12:04:22
1 On Wednesday 06 March 2013 10:33:58 Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > The fact that we made mistakes in the past does not justify making more
3 > mistakes.
4 Um, what are you talking about, too many categories?
5 I am afraid, there is no "fix" in the form of "lets not add any". Every
6 commits summary message has at least 3x more added packages vs removed ones.
7 This stuff has to go somewhere and some categories are becoming way overfilled
8 I'd say. At the same time I do agree that the present flat list of super-sub
9 categories is not scaling well either (OTOH it is still nicer than some of the
10 200+ large categories of present). May be it is time to scratch the flat list
11 of categories and finally go into a full tree mode?
12 I.e.:
13 app-* =>
14 app/accessibility
15 /admin
16 etc,
17 and subdivide where necessary? (e.g. app/admin/eselect/ would be just one such
18 beneficiary).
19
20 Just a thought..